Washington Law Review


After a judgment has been entered by a superior court, counsel is sometimes confronted with the problem of what steps may be taken to remedy alleged errors or mistakes. The obvious alternative is that of appeal. There are, however, other possibilities which are perhaps less widely known which may equally well serve to attain the end sought. It is the purpose of this article to examine these other possibilities for obtaining vacation and correction of judgments. The inquiry will be directed to such questions as what grounds will suffice for obtaining relief, what procedures must be followed, and what are the applicable time limitations in each instance.

First Page